Instagram Updates. New Messaging Features and Tools for Instagram Business
For the 10th anniversary of the beloved and the most popular social platform, Instagram announced several Instagram updates that include a Stories map. Also other important features related to the psychological well-being of users are implemented. Negative comments can be camouflaged due to their mental health priority.
Moreover, Instagram has added the ability to shop during IGTV live streaming. In the video app, Instagram business and other merchants or brands can now add tags on their products right during Instagram Live Streamings. By clicking on added products, users will be redirected to Instagram business account or to the seller's website to buy.
Instagram Updates: New Messaging Feature
Instagram understands that people are communicating and choosing the most convenient spades in order to enhance the communication. As Messenger is the most used place to share, hang out and message, Instagram connects Direct with Messenger and brings some of the best Messenger features to Instagram.
The most interesting Messaging Updates Features that appeared are:
- Watch Together: You can watch videos from Facebook, IGTV or other shows and movies during a Instagram video call.
- Vanish Mode: Now seen messages can disappear after they’re seen or when you close the chat.
- Selfie Stickers: you can create a unique combination of Boomerang, emoji and sticker. The hybrid of boomerang stickers with your selfie can be used in conversation.
- Chat Colors: You can change the chat color.
- Custom Emoji Reactions: The possibility to create a shortcut of your emojis in order to reply faster at your messages.
- Forwarding: Now you can share any content with more friends (up to 5 accounts).
- Replies: Respond directly to a specific message in your chat and keep the conversation flowing.
- Animated Message Effects: Add visual flair to your message with animated send effects.
- Message Controls: Decide who can message you directly, and who can’t message you at all.
- Enhanced Reporting and Blocking Updates: Now you can report full conversations in addition to single messages on Instagram, and receive proactive blocking suggestions across Instagram and Messenger when you add your accounts in the new Accounts Center.
Instagram Updates: The ability to hide potentially negative comments.
Instagram is starting to test a new feature that automatically hides negative comments similar to others that users have complained about. Users can click "View Hidden Comments" to see all entries.
Instagram is expanding the range of alerts and adding a notification to alert you if a user tries to post a negative comment again.
Both functions related to the psychological well-being of users support the English language and will be tested on Android devices for now.
During the Instagram conference on 10/06/2020, company representatives stated that in less than a year since the launch of the alert feature, there has been a significant decrease in negative interactions around the world in both comments and photo captions.
Instagram Updates: Stories Map
A personal story map and calendar where the user can see what they have shared over the past three years. The map can be downloaded and saved in the "actual" page, as well as shared with Insta followers.
Also, more than 35 million Instagram accounts have used or have used the feature to restrict negative comments since its launch last October.
Instagram Updates: Instagram Business new tools
In order to enlarge the possibilities of purchases through regular Instagram posts, live streams, stories and the Instagram feed, a new function appeared on IGTV.
The Instagram Shopping option was launched in March 2019.
Keep yourself updated to the most useful Instagram features. InstaShop will give you possibility to find out more about Instagram through our articles in order to ease and make your experience more joyfully.